The State Higher Education Executive Officers Association (SHEEO) seeks a talented professional to develop, implement, and maintain a comprehensive and multi-faceted communications strategy for the organization and its membership. This is a new position within the organization and demonstrates SHEEO’s commitment to and recognition of the importance of developing an effective communications strategy.
The ideal candidate will be a motivated self-starter ready to lead the organization’s communications efforts. This position will be responsible for utilizing various communications media and outlets (social media, print media, organization website) to expand the reach of SHEEO and its membership, and the work of both.
Required experience and qualifications:
• College degree and minimum five years’ experience in communications, public relations, journalism, or related field
• Excellent writer and editor
• Experience with the major editing style guides
• Experience in relationship building with the media, peer organizations, and education policy leaders
• Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills
• Experience developing and increasing a social media presence (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.)
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
• High energy, creative, and the ability to work under tight deadlines and high-pressure situations
• Ability to handle multiple projects with exceptional attention to detail
• Experience managing and updating an organization’s website content
• Knowledge of state higher education policy and issues
• Publication history related to higher education
• Experience working with a non-partisan membership organization
• Experience with graphic design using Adobe InDesign
Salary will be commensurate with successful candidate’s level of education and experience. SHEEO provides excellent staff benefits.
Please apply by email to: email@example.com and include the following:
1. Letter describing how you meet the requirements of the position, addressed to Gladys Kerns, SHEEO, 3035 Center Green Drive, #100, Boulder, CO 80301
2. Resume or curriculum vitae
3. Names and contact information of three professional references. (References will not be contacted until you have given permission for us to do so.)
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled, but full consideration will be given to those received by Monday, March 26, 2018.
SHEEO serves its members as an advocate for state policy leadership, as a liaison between states and the federal government, as a vehicle for learning from and collaborating with peers, and as a source of information and analysis on educational and public policy issues. SHEEO is animated by its Vision and Priorities’ themes regarding college readiness, student success through completion of academic or technical programs, student learning, and the success of graduates in work and society. SHEEO seeks to advance public policies and educational practices to achieve more widespread access and successful participation in higher education, more new discoveries through research, and more applications of knowledge that improve the quality of human lives.
This position is based in Boulder, Colorado. SHEEO is particularly interested in providing equal employment opportunities and employing a diverse staff. Read more about SHEEO on our website: www.sheeo.org