Multi-State Collaborative to Advance Learning Outcomes Assessment—Demonstration Year
The information and documents below were used during the MSC Demonstration Year (MSC DY) which ran from September 2015 through August 2016.
What is the Multi-State Collaborative to Advance Learning Outcomes Assessment and who is involved?
With the active support of the Association of State Higher Education Executive Officers (SHEEO) and the Association of American Colleges and Universities (AAC&U), 12 states—Connecticut, Indiana, Hawaii, Kentucky, Maine, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Missouri, Oregon, Rhode Island, Texas, and Utah—have agreed to collaborate in the Demonstration Year of the MSC. This model is rooted in campus/system collaboration and in faculty curriculum development, teaching activity, and assessment of authentic student work. It is based on the use of Essential Learning Outcomes and associated VALUE rubrics developed by faculty members under the auspices of AAC&U’s LEAP initiative. (See entire FAQ just below.)
MSC DY Lessons Learned from the MSC, by Michael Ben-Avie and Patrick Iben of Southern Connecticut State University
MSC DY UPLOADING VIDEO May 2016 Please link here and then download the video. Be sure to have your sound turned up.
MSC DY Webinars
- November 19, 2015, Taskstream Webinar: How to Prepare to do the Upload of Student Artifacts and the Demographic File
- December 10, 2015, Taskstream Webinar: Creating Assignments and Uploading Student Files
- December 17, 2015, Taskstream Webinar: New Reporting Functionality
- March 24, 2016, Taskstream Webinar: Assessment for Improvement: the VALUE/Multi-State Collaborative for Student Learning Assessment
- April 5, 2016, Taskstream Webinar: Engaging Faculty in Meaningful Assessment: Leveraging the MSC/VALUE Initiative to Make Local Strides
- April 28, 2016, Taskstream Webinar: Faculty Perspectives: Selecting Assignments to Assess Learning Outcomes Using Authentic Student Work
- May 17, 2016, Taskstream Webinar: Envisioning Student Learning Outcomes Assessment as a State-Level Priority With Robert King, Ken Sauer, and George Pernsteiner
- June 16, 2016, Taskstream Webinar: Making Learning Outcomes Data Meaningful at the Local Level: Examples from the MSC/VALUE Initiative
- June 29, 2016, Taskstream Webinar: A Look Ahead for the Multi-State Collaborative to Advance Learning Outcomes Assessment/VALUE Initiative
For any questions you may have or for further information about the MSC, please contact your MSC State Point Person (see Steering Committee roster above) or contact Gloria Auer at SHEEO, (303) 541-1625, email@example.com.