The SHEEO Peer Collaboration Network (PCN) is a framework for members and their staff colleagues to work together as a community to share insights and strategies for addressing common problems. The PCN is organized around three broad policy areas: Productivity, Student Learning and Accountability, and State Data Systems. The PCN provides flexible, responsive support and expertise to members through both collaboration and technical assistance.
- Productivity—providing a forum to build upon the continuing work being achieved through Lumina's Statewide Productivity Grant Initiative;
- Student Learning and Accountability—providing a forum to build upon the growing focus around student learning outcomes and assessment; and
- State Data Systems—supporting the efforts of SHEEOs to build and/or upgrade statewide higher education data systems and linking them with those of K-12 and the workforce.
Each of the policy areas has a committee with two co-chairs and SHEEO staff helping to focus the work in that area.
The following objectives frame our activities:
- Identifying areas of common need across states;
- Exchanging questions, ideas, and strategies; discussing current initiatives, accomplishments, and challenges; and building on this collective experience over time;
- Exploring actions and developing strategies to help states and SHEEOs contribute more effectively in meeting state and national higher education needs; and
- Contributing to and drawing from a knowledge base of shareddocuments, Web resources, best practices, new initiatives, research studies, and policy papers.
Peer Collaboration Network Committees
Staff Coordinator: Julie Carnahan
All SHEEOs and their senior staff are welcome to participate in Peer Collaboration Network activities. They are guided by the following co-chairs, who can be contacted with suggestions:
Robert King, Kentucky, Co-Chair
Raymund Paredes, Texas, Co-Chair
Staff: Julie Carnahan
Teresa Lubbers, Indiana, Co-Chair
Andy Tompkins, Kansas, Co-Chair
Staff: Andy Carlson
Michael Rush, Idaho, Chair
Staff: Christina Whitfield