On August 18, 2013, SHEEO sent the following query to its finance officers:
- Do your public state higher education institutions offer Competency-Based Degree programs?
- If so…which institutions: What is the institution’s classification? Two-year, four-year, or medical?
- How are the programs funded?
- Do the programs receive state funding?
- If so, how does the funding work? Financial aid, direct reimbursement, allocation funding, or start-up funds only?
- Are the programs accredited by a different body than other degree programs? If so, by which accrediting body?
Find state responses here.