Communities of Practice: Exploring Multi-State and Multi-Sector Data Projects
SHEEO is pleased to announce the next installment of its Communities of Practice project. This multifaceted project promotes the effective use of state postsecondary data systems and provides a forum for states to work on solutions to common issues with those systems. This work is funded through a grant from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF).
SHEEO will hold the next in an ongoing series of Communities of Practice convenings on February 7-8, 2024, in Alexandria, VA. The Communities of Practice convenings are a valuable opportunity for states to connect with their peers and reflect in-depth on the capacities, uses, and barriers to their data systems. This two-day meeting will provide an opportunity for state data practitioners, researchers, and policy analysts across P20W sectors to explore the opportunities and challenges associated with engaging in multi-state and multi-sector data projects. The convening will also launch an ongoing network for participants to share best practices and shared experiences and to workshop strategies and solutions with their counterparts in other states.
The Community of Practice will explore:
- The value, opportunities, and challenges of sharing and using cross-state and cross-sector data.
- Ways to build better connections between education and workforce data and to support improved individual and economic outcomes within and beyond state borders.
- The necessary technical, legal, and personnel conditions to foster successful multi-state and multi-system data projects and outcomes.
- Examples of current multi-state and multi-sector data projects focused on employment outcomes, prison to education pathways, veterans’ pathways, credentials of value, and other cross-state and cross-sector priorities.
- How to cultivate relationships and communicate shared vision and success across states and sectors.
Participants will include teams from up to 15 states, SHEEO staff, BMGF staff, and subject-matter experts.
Learn more about SHEEO Communities of Practice events at https://postsecondarydata.sheeo.org/communities-of-practice/.