SHEEO Excellence Awards
SHEEO announces the first annual SHEEO Excellence Awards, which recognize the leadership, dedication, and innovation of exceptional SHEEOs, agency staff, and agencies.
The Excellence Awards are:
Exceptional Leader Award – Presented to a current state higher education executive officer from a member agency who has shown exceptional leadership, a commitment to higher education, a contribution to the greater good, and service to the SHEEO Association within the last year.
Exceptional Agency Award – Presented to a member agency whose innovative actions, policies, or practices advanced student success in their state; which displayed exceptional governance practices; which overcame exceptional challenges; or displayed other meritorious attributes within the last year.
The David L. Wright Memorial Award – This award is named in honor of the late David Wright, an esteemed colleague and leader in state higher education, who served in the Tennessee Higher Education Commission, the State Higher Education Executive Officers Association, and the Florida Governing Board. This award recognizes a current SHEEO agency staff member, from a member agency, who embodies the exceptional commitment, work ethic, and ethical practices of David Wright, and who has made outstanding contributions to their agency.
SHEEO is seeking nominations for the SHEEO Excellence Awards. A nomination form is included in the attachment at this link.
• For the Exceptional Leader and Exceptional Agency awards, nominations will be reviewed and award decisions made by a committee of SHEEOs and the SHEEO president. The Exceptional Leader Award will be presented at the SHEEO Annual Meeting.
• For the David L. Wright Memorial Award, a committee of agency staff and the SHEEO president will review nominations and make award decisions. The David L. Wright Memorial Award will be presented at the SHEEO Policy Conference. (The Exceptional Leader Award recipient will also be recognized at the Policy Conference).
• March 6, 2018 Call for nominations
• May 1, 2018 Nominations due
• May 2018 Selection committee meets and selects winners
• June 8, 2018 Winners notified